Monday, December 22, 2008

yay, i love wallet stories!

i've had a couple encounters myself; i always felt dumb as heck afterwards.

the first time i left it at a steak and shake. i went there after a school drama performance with some friends to get some late night shakes. my parents call and they're like, you need to get home, so i leave. unknowingly i leave my wallet in the booth. so i spent the entire weekend cleaning up my room, the house and my car trying to look for it. i call the shake and steak when all hope is lost and surprisingly they said that somebody found it and turned it in and it's sitting in the managers safe. my dad has to drive me over across town, because jacksonville is huge and all my friends live in different parts of town. my dad was pretty pissed off.

the other time i was in a rush to go to the bowling alley to help out with the special olympics. again, the bowling alley is way across town, so i needed some gas. i got out of my car to fill up the tank, and i thought i put my wallet in one of those side door pockets, but apparently it fell out. I got to the bowling alley and found out i did not have my wallet. I 411 the gas station and ask them if anyone turned it in, thank goodness somebody did.

but the craziest part of the story was when i went to go pick it up. the gas station guy was such a creep. he said something like "oh you know, i could've dropped it off at your house after my shift" i guess he meant it to be an act of kindness or something. i didn't really care though cuz people were nice enough to turn it in.


both of these instances happened in the spring and the summer, so i guess it doesn't take the "christmas spirit" to do a good deed.
i hope everyone has a good holiday!
i know i am with all these college apps (X_X)
but the exciting part is, i've been making playlists that go with each college. i'm just finishing up my stanford app so i made a california playlist- it only has a few songs like californication, that one song from the O.C., and hotel california. lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home