Wednesday, December 24, 2008

last time i lost my wallet.

since we're telling wallet stories.

i wasn't quite as lucky as you //VAers. I don't know where it went but last Spring somewhere in between paying for lunch and walking to my office a half a block away it was gone. I didn't realize until it was quitting time and I didn't have my train pass. So I called my boss and told her not to leave because I must've left it on my desk.

I turned the place upside down. Went back to the deli. Retraced my steps. It was nowhere. I was really annoyed about the whole thing and tried to keep my cool. I'd randomly spout expletives on my walk to the bank, mentally kicking myself for being so careless. But I was OK.

Then I got to the bank and told the teller I had lost my wallet and needed to get a new card. Fine. He cancels my card. Orders a new one. I also needed cash withdrawn. So he asks if I have any form of ID on me.

And I burst into tears.

It was a great wallet too! Made out of recycled materials. I hope it found a good home. *sniffle*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home