Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I am an American, god dammit

I was born in the rather-populous city of Sacramento and have lived for many years in the VERY populous city of San Francisco. I am a liberal. Just because I am not a right winger from a small town in Bumfuck, Nowhere is no reason to deride my patriotism. I don't consider conservatives anti-American. We all love this country. That's what we're fucking fighting about. We have different ideas for how this country should be. If I was against America then I would just sit back and let it slip into fascism without comment. But I do love this fucking country and feel compelled to try to stop that.

Anti-Americanism is a horrid accusation to be flinging around, in the political arena or otherwise. In the 1950s we had a man who was trying to purge so-called "Anti-Americanism" from our government. His name was Joseph McCarthy and these are his fucking children...





and a rebuttal...



So yeah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home